So, a little bit about us. Hops & Bubbles was formed in 2018 by myself and business partner Simon. We have both been involved in the hospitality trade over 30 years, although not always as our main profession.
For the past seven years, we have both been heavily involved as volunteers in the development of our local sports and social club, increasing its membership from around 250 to over 1000 members, and turnover from £100k to over £300k. Before setting up Hops & Bubbles as a business, all our events would come from word of mouth. As we started building up some regular clients, we decided it was time to make things more official, and so Hops & Bubbles was born.
Our involvement with the club means we have gathered a wealth of knowledge in what consumers expect when they go to a bar, and our continued relationship with various brand managers ensures we’re always up to date with the latest drinking trends.
We’ve checked out our competitors’ offerings, and we would argue that many offer a small selection compared to what we would consider a full bar! Wherever possible, we like to provide the full-on pub experience to our clients and guests. We want to ensure there is a drink available to satisfy everyone’s tastes.
As a comparison, our fully stocked bottle bar offers the following as a minimum:
- Four different lagers including alcohol-free and Gluten-Free options
- A minimum of 6 different real ales from the big brands and local brewers
- Seven different flavoured ciders, including an alcohol-free option.
- Over 40 premium brand spirits
- A selection of wines and Prosecco
- A massive range of soft drinks including only premium mixers
- Bar snacks (well, it’s not a proper bar without a bag of crisps!)
- Hot drink offerings available upon request
The above is our tried and tested core range of products. We can add virtually any product to this list should you require it. Our ethos is to make sure that every guest enjoys their experience at our events. As our product list is quite extensive, we supply printed menus for our events to help your guests choose. We also have back bar display screens to display our menu should you require them.
In trying to do our bit for the environment, our bars have been designed and hand-built by ourselves using as many upcycled materials as possible. If you choose plastic glasses, we use biodegradable versions wherever possible. We also make sure all our glass bottles are recycled rather than put into landfill.
Service & Equipment
As for service and equipment, this is what you can expect from a Hops & Bubbles Bar:
- An event manager who is also a Personal Licence holder and Food Hygiene certificated
- A minimum of 2 trained staff
- Application for a Temporary Event Notice where required
- A wooden bar of your choice from 2 metres to 6 metres long, customisable to your theme. Our 5-metre bar unit is wheelchair friendly
- A back bar with LED-lit bottle display
- A full EPOS till system with reports on all sales (for cash or pre-paid bars)
- All stock listed above plus any additions requested by yourselves
- Our standard printed menu for your guests. These can be customised to your event theme at a cost
- Back bar screens used to display our menu or to show a photo slideshow of your supplied images. These are removable should they not fit in with your theme
- Cash and card / Apple / Samsung payment options (subject to venue wifi or 4g service)
- Biodegradable plastics or glassware at the cost of hire
- All garnishes, ice and consumables
- £5 million Public Liability insurance
- 4 product draught dispense system (additional cost involved)
- Site left as found – we remove all our recycling and any refuse when we leave
We believe your event is unique to you, and so do not offer packages that are designed to fit all occasions. Instead, we will work with yourself to tailor your bar to your requirements. A few of the popular options are:
- A cash bar – Your guests pay for their drinks. We have some of the lowest bar prices around with bottled lagers at £3, Real ales £3.50, Wines £3.50, House Spirits from £3, and premium branded spirits (Sipsmiths, Silent Pool, Whitley Neil, Bumbu Rum etc.) currently at £3.50. For cash bars we ask for a deposit of £250, which is fully refundable at the end of the event should the bar have a minimum spend of £1000. We have yet to do an event for more than 70 people where this has not been achieved!
- A pre-paid bar – You put a certain amount behind the bar for guests’ drinks, and when this has been spent, the bar will change to a cash bar.
- A token system – You decide how many drinks you would like each guest to have free and give them tokens for drinks. We will run a tab on our EPOS system for you to pay at the end of the function.
- Dry hire – Either you supply the drinks yourself for us to serve, or we can arrange them for you on sale or return. We provide all the bar equipment and staff. Costs will vary depending on the brands and equipment needed.
- Equipment only – We deliver and install all the stuff you need for your staff to run the bar.
As both Personal Licence and Premises Licence holders, we are well versed with the Licencing Act and all the legalities required by it. We’ll make sure that your bar service is both responsible and legal to ensure the safety and enjoyment of each one of your guests.
We hope the above is of interest to you and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dan & Simon