Event planning & management from Hops & Bubbles
Running your event can be hugely rewarding but also incredibly stressful! Things can and do go wrong, and you must be equipped to deal with problems as soon as they arise. Some events can be relatively simple to organise (birthday parties, for example), and others such as weddings, fete’s and festivals, can take many hours of planning.
Whether planning a social function, such as a party, wedding or festival, or a corporate event, Hops & Bubbles have the experience to help.
If you’re thinking of hosting an event, here’s a few tips that will help you achieve your ultimate goal:
- Be clear about the purpose of your event and what you expect to gain from it. Who is your target audience?
- Work out a budget as soon as possible; venue hire, insurance, marketing, staffing, waste management and outside contractors all need to be included in the budget. Once you have an idea of the outgoings, you’ll be better equipped to decide if the event is financially viable.
- Once you have your outgoing costs, work out any income. Income could be from ticket sales, sponsorship or donations.
- Allow as much time as possible to begin organising your event. Do not underestimate the hours of work you have ahead of you; six months minimum should be allowed!
- Speak to your chosen venue and local authority to clarify what licences or permits are required for your event. These can sometimes take a long time to be processed.
The above is just a snapshot of the very basics that you’ll need to consider. For further reading, check out the Eventbrite Blog where you’ll find some handy step by step guides.
If you would prefer some hands-on help or someone to manage your event, get in contact with us!